All workshops are free, but may have optional resource packet to purchase. Reservations are required so we have enough materials for you.
You may see complete details for all workshops here.
Are you homeschooling a high schooler?
Do you have questions about preparing for college?
Come to a FREE workshop that will answer your questions
and address your concerns!
Friday, August 14, 10:00 AM- 1:00 PM
(There will be a break in the middle, so please bring a sack lunch. Your older children are welcome to attend!)
Treasures 4 Teachers Conference Room
2127 S. Priest, Ste 406
Tempe, AZ 85282
This is a double header opportunity!
- Learn about the fabulous resources that Treasures 4 Teachers offers to homeschooles (and teachers and the community)
- Imagine getting a whole room full of teaching materials, craft items, office organizing supplies, and fun stuff for less than $50!
- Consider how much money and how many landfills you can save by using recycled (but brand new, generally) materials that others have discarded.
- Have the opportunity to shop at T4T (and let your friends think that you have spent hundreds of dollars more than you actually did!
- Get some AWESOME information on successfully preparing your students to excell in high school and college.
Holly Craw, a veteran home educator of over 22 years, has joined with Nicole Porter, admissions counselor for GCU, to bring together a dynamic discussion of the college admissions process. This event is especially recommended for parents of teens and pre-teens, but is open to families with younger children as well.
Nicole Porter has over ten years of experience in financial aid and college admissions. She will cover:
- Admissions processes for universities and community colleges
- Basic information needed to apply for federal financial aid and scholarships
- As a bonus she will cover the highlights of Grand Canyon University.
- This presentation is designed to de-mystify these elements of the college preparation process.
Holly will discuss the steps in transcript preparation:
· What is a transcript and why it is needed?
· Key components that colleges want to see
· Classes needed for college entrance
· Grades, credits, and record keeping
· Calculating the GPA
· Compiling the transcript
· Creating a diploma
You will be able to purchase a Materials and Resources packet with a number of GREAT tools for your college preparation for a minimal cost.
At the beginning of the session, you will have a tour of T4T, and opportunity to shop at the end. This workshop is a great way to see that you are covering the bases for college entrance with a solid preparation. You and your students will have a refreshed confidence to have a strong finish to the homeschooling years.
Please RSVP as seats are limited and we need to have the materials on hand for you. Register Now by email to reserve your seat.
RSVP deadline: Email by noon on Thursday,August 13
(Please indicate your name, workshop title and date, and number attending)
Filed under: Community Chronicles, Home School Helps and Resources | Tagged: Arizona, Barbara Powers, Brain Function, college admissions, College Financial Aid, college prep, Connie Youmans, Craig Stellpflug, Curriculum, Free STuff, Holly Craw, home education, home school, homeschool resources, Homeschooling, Learning Styles, Multiple Intelligences, One Day Acrylic Painting Workshop, painting class, Special Needs, starting to homeschool, transcripts |