Homeschooling during the high school years can be very exciting, and also very challenging. As a home educator, you are wearing a dozen or more hats, and these intensify during the teen years. It can be a daunting task to make sure that all the bases are covered.
I provide a wonderful workshop that will consolidate all the information that you need to know in a simple to use format, and will focus on the primary document that colleges want to see–The High School Transcript!
Join us as we demystify the process of taking your students through high school, and preparing them to excel in college and in life!
HOME SCHOOL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
· Friday, August 14, 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
- · Homeschooling the High Schooler—College Prep
(There will be a break in the middle, so please bring a sack lunch. Your older children are welcome to attend!)
Treasures 4 Teachers Conference Room
2127 S. Priest, Ste 406
Tempe, AZ 85282
This is a double header opportunity!
- Learn about the fabulous resources that Treasures 4 Teachers offers to homeschooles (and teachers and the community)
- Imagine getting a whole room full of teaching materials, craft items, office organizing supplies, and fun stuff for less than $50!
- Consider how much money and how many landfills you can save by using recycled (but brand new, generally) materials that others have discarded.
- Have the opportunity to shop at T4T (and let your friends think that you have spent hundreds of dollars more than you actually did!
- Get some AWESOME information on successfully preparing your students to excell in high school and college.
Holly Craw, a veteran home educator of over 22 years, has joined with Nicole Porter, admissions counselor for GCU, to bring together a dynamic discussion of the college admissions process. This event is especially recommended for parents of teens and pre-teens, but is open to families with younger children as well.
Nicole Porter has over ten years of experience in financial aid and college admissions. She will cover:
- Admissions processes for universities and community colleges
- Basic information needed to apply for federal financial aid and scholarships
- As a bonus she will cover the highlights of Grand Canyon University.
- This presentation is designed to de-mystify these elements of the college preparation process.
Holly will discuss the steps in transcript preparation:
· What is a transcript and why it is needed?
· Key components that colleges want to see
· Classes needed for college entrance
· Grades, credits, and record keeping
· Calculating the GPA
· Compiling the transcript
· Creating a diploma
You will be able to purchase a Materials and Resources packet with a number of GREAT tools for your college preparation for a minimal cost.
At the beginning of the session, you will have a tour of T4T, and opportunity to shop at the end. This workshop is a great way to see that you are covering the bases for college entrance with a solid preparation. You and your students will have a refreshed confidence to have a strong finish to the homeschooling years.
Please RSVP as seats are limited and we need to have the materials on hand for you. Register Now by email to reserve your seat.
RSVP deadline: Email by noon on Thursday, August 13
(Please indicate your name, workshop title and date, and number attending)
Register Now by email (Please indicate your name, workshop title and date, and
Filed under: Free Stuff and Great Deals, Home School Helps and Resources | Tagged: Arizona, college prep, Curriculum, Free STuff, Freebies, Grand Canyon University, High school coursework, Holly Craw, home education, home school, homeschool resources, homeschool workshops, Homeschooling, Nicole Porter, Scholarships, Special Needs, starting to homeschool, transcripts, Treasures 4 Teachers, workshops |