I recently got an email reminding me that all cell phone numbers are now available to telemarketers, and giving information on the National Do Not Call registry. I immediately put my phone numbers on the list, and wanted to share the information on my blog.
Today, I found that information and even more in an email from The Holt House. I hope that you find this helpful. It is bad enough to be inundated with every kind of sales calls on the home phone, but I am quite distressed that cell phones and fax lines have been opened up to media spammers.
Thanks to The Holt House!
Posted: 05 Sep 2009 02:17 PM PDT
I hate getting junk mail and telemarketing phone calls so if there is anything I can do prevent either of these as much as possible, I’m going to try. I was recently reading Woman’s Day and saw a great article on reducing junk mail. Hopefully these tips will simplify your life and reduce the ridiculous amount of waste that is thrown away from unwanted mail every day across the nation!
1. Get on the National Do Not Call Registry https://donotcall.gov/
2. Register to be excluded from all credit card & insurance offers https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t or call 1-888-567-8688
3. Register to be excluded from all catalogs, magazine offers, & circulars at www.dmachoice.org or call 212-768-7277 ext.1500
4. Opt out of all phone, mail & email that comes from Acxiom US at www.acxiom.com/opt-out-request-form or 1-877-774-2094 ext.5
5. Choose which catalogs you want to receive from www.Catalogchoice.org