Do you have a student who already knows more than you do? Having trouble keeping up and keeping her challenged?
You may want to check out a great online magazine, Gifted Education Press Quarterly, which is full of articles that will help you keep your gifted child stimulated in the right directions.
Just Published! See the FALL 2009 Online Issue of Gifted Education Press Quarterly by Clicking the Following Link in Adobe Format:
The FALL 2009 Online Issue of GEPQ contains the following articles:
1. Editorial Comments by Maurice Fisher – Discussion of the Center for Excellence in Education; the Need for a New National Gifted Advocacy Organization
2. Preserving the “Sense of Wonder”: An Arts Approach to Engaging Young Gifted Learners
Joan Franklin Smutny, Director The Center for Gifted National-Louis University
3. How is A Teacher of the Gifted Supposed to Teach?
Sanford Aranoff Adjunct Associate Professor of Mathematics and Science Rider University Lawrenceville, New Jersey
4. The Gifted Arab Child in Israel: Book Summary
Hanna David Ben Gurion University at Eilat, Israel
5. Ernest Hemingway: Prose Impressionist for the Gifted
Michael E. Walters Center for the Study of the Humanities in the Schools
Filed under: Community Chronicles, Free Stuff and Great Deals, Home School Helps and Resources | Tagged: Brain Function, gifted students, high IQ, home education, home school, homeschool resources, Homeschooling, Special Needs |