Scott MacIntyre had already walked in some levels of fame prior to getting a spot on American Idol.
His music career began at three years old playing the piano by ear, even though he was visually impaired. Homeschooled until age 14, Scott was trained in classical music at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Canada, and by Arizona State University professor, Walter Cosand.
Key events for the musician included:
- Admission to ASU’s Barrett Honors College and Herberger College of the Arts at age 14
- Winner of the 2004 Arizona Young Artists Competition at Herberger Theater in the vocal division
- Being named by USA Today one of its twenty College Academic All-Stars in 2005
- Performing as a guest soloist with the Phoenix Symphony in 2000 and 2005
- Receiving the Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic scholarship from Laura Bush at the White House in 2005
- Studying for his Master’s Degree under the Marshall Scholarship at the Royal College of Music in London
- Releasing 5 CD’s beginning at age 11
- Here is an excellent opportunity to hear American Idol Finalist, Scott MacIntyre, joined by Symphony of the Southwest for a Gala Benefit Concert. Scott has just finished performing with the American Idols Live Tour 2009 performing in 52 cities across North America and Canada. This will be his only concert in AZ. The Gala concert will benefit non-profit Symphony of the Southwest. A short period for autographs and photos with Scott will follow, and merchandise signed by all Top 10 American Idols will be available in support of the Symphony.
WHEN: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 7:30 PM
WHERE: Mesa Arts Center Ikeda Theater, Mesa
TWO WAYS TO PURCHASE TICKETS:
* $35/$45/$55 (Group pricing available), Box Office, 480-644-6500,
* $50 direct through http://www.symphonyofthesouthwest.org, 480-827-2143 – includes the entire Symphony of the Southwest 09-10 season including Gala Benefit Concert with Scott MacIntyre
CONTACT: Carole Macintyre, firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed under: Community Chronicles, Home School Helps and Resources | Tagged: American Idol, Arizona, concert, famous homeschoolers, home education, home school, homeschool resources, Homeschooling, http://www.blogsurfer.com, music, Scholarships, Scott MacIntyre |