Are you thinking about homeschooling your children? Do you have questions and concerns about how it might work for your family? You are not alone.
Christmas break is often a time of reflection for parents who are seeing a need for a change in the school environment. Perhaps the first semester has been a struggle in any number of ways, or the private school is just getting beyond the budget. Homeschooling may be a great option to consider. Yes, there are pro’s and con’s to the decision, but the benefits may give reason to look a little deeper:
- Students can be taught at their own pace. It you need to speed up for the advanced child, or give the struggler a little more time, the lessons can be geared to the specific needs.
- All the distractions and distressing parts of school can be minimized under your caring guidance and a nurturuing home setting.
- You can choose how inolved you want to be with social and extra-curricular activities, and select those that make most sense for your family. There are numerous homeschool resources in the Phoenix area that are designed for and/or by homeschoolers, and an outlet can be found for just about any special interest.
- You as the parent know and love your child better than anyone else, and probably are motivated to see that your youngster gets the best education possible.
- Children really do learn better when they are in an environment of love, support, nurture and honor.