What if obtaining a college scholarship could be as easy as sending a Twitter picture? Kentucky Fried Chicken corporation announced on December 1 from Louisville that they are continuing the Twitter Scholarship contest that began last year. This year, high school seniors, including homeschoolers, are asked to send a picture of themselves that demonstrates why they exemplify Colonel Sanders’ commitment to education and enriching their communities, and why they are deserving of a college scholarship. The winner will receive a $5000 scholarship renewable for four years.
- Student will graduate from high school between December 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012
- Earn a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.75
- Student must pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited public university within his or her home state, starting no later than 9/30/2012. In Arizona, that would be Arizona State University, University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- A single image is to be tweeted including the hashtag #KFCScholar which can be part of the message