Most homeschool activities close down over the summer in Phoenix, but there is one event that thousands of homeschoolers won’t miss. It is the Arizona Families for Home Education Convention and Curriculum Fair and it takes place in the middle of July. This year’s theme is “Dream Big” with keynote speakers Heidi St. John and Todd Wilson.
With over 130 vendors, families can find everything from curriculum and lab supplies to college information, missions and sports opportunities, field trips and health items. A wide range of speakers will share their expertise, leaving very little of the homeschool experience untouched. Last year, over 1800 families, for a total of 5100 individuals, attended the two-day event, and more are expected this year.
The convention weekend begins Thursday, July 19 and lasts until the night of Saturday, July 21. It is the longest and most activity-packed session of all the 28 previous years. Highlights of the convention include:
- July 19: Free pre-convention mini conference, 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- July 20: Convention begins, 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- July 20: Comedy Night with John Branyan, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- July 21: Convention continues, 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- July 21: Junior High Graduate Recognition Ceremony, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- $40 for individual adult or married couple with current AFHE membership up to June 20
- $65 for individual adult or married couple with new or renewing AFHE membership up to June 20
- $85 for individual adult or married couple at door (includes free one-year AFHE membership)
- See additional registration information below
- June 11: Registration for Junior High Graduate Recognition Ceremony
- June 20: Early discount convention registration to save $20 for adults
- June 20: Free registration for non-homeschooling pastors wanting to learn more
- June 20: Volunteer registration
- Non-homeschooling grandparents attending with a homeschooling parent: Free
- Non-homeschooling pastors: Free
- Teens participating in the teen program: $15 each
- Children: $10 each
- Volunteers serving at least five hours: Free
The homeschool convention in Phoenix will provide you with information, resources and the encouragement that you need to be successful in your homeschooling adventure. Dream big and join thousands of other homeschool students and parents to see where your dreams will take you.
AFHE Homeschool convention weekend includes comedy, graduation, curriculum – Phoenix Homeschooling | Examiner.com.