Summer is winding quickly to a close, so Phoenix homeschoolers have a short time to take advantage of special summer activities
Here is what is happening July 30-August 4
This week and all month long:
- Registration open for Covenant Home School Resource Center classes
- Governor’s summer reading program –no ending date given
- Educator Appreciation Month —teachers get in free at the Musical Instrument Museum all July (ends July 31)
- Qualified students can apply for NSHSS—National Society of High School Scholars
- Qualified students can apply for Eta Sigma Alpha Homeschool Honor Society
- Homeschool families can sign up to host international students
All year long free activities in the Phoenix area
- Free museum admissions at selected venues and days
- Check out the great restaurants that provide free meals to kids or the birthday person.
Other Events and Opportunities
- Jan Parsons creates a full schedule of cultural field trips (plays, symphony, concerts etc.) in the Phoenix area for any homeschoolers.
- Cheesecake Day
- Father-in-law Day
- Paperback Book Day
- Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day (Tie this in with a free teacher trip to the Musical Instrument Museum)
Whatever your interests, there is probably an event in the Phoenix area that will be a great fit.
If you have an event that you would like to have featured on this column, please send an emailwith the details. The more advance notice that is given, the more opportunity homeschoolers in Phoenix and surrounding areas will have to know about it and put it on their calendars.